Monday 8 February 2016

Memory Keeping with Project Life by Stampin'Up Blog Share - February








Welcome back to another MKPLSU blog share.  For this month we are showcasing the gorgeous  "Memories in the Making" Speciality Card kit... And it's been great for me to get stuck into some of my recent holiday snaps from my US trip at the beginning of the year.  I love getting them off my iPhone and into my albums....it means that everyone else can enjoy them too.

This particular kit is awesome for several reasons.....
  • It's FREE with a $90 order of any Stampin'Up products right now. 
  • The kit features lots of white embossed cards... This means you can use  ANY COLOUR on them... To match your photographs perfectly. No more searching around trying to find the right colours.  You just make them the colours you want!  
  • You can add your colours in various ways... sponging, brayering, spritzing or stamping. Introduce the colours YOU want to co-ordinate with your photos. 
  • You'll also find some gold overlays in this kit. You can lay these over anything.... Photos or other cards. You can even use them on their own if you like.  But here's a sneaky tip.... They are Gold on one side... But the "back" side of the overlays is actually silver! So you can use those too (which I have done on these pages... See above and below)
  • They match the equally gorgeous "Memories in the Making" Card collection and matching accessory kit... so if you love those, you will lose adding this speciality kit to your collection. I've used some accents from the card kit and accessories here, and they all go together so beautifully! 

For this page I used one of the 6"x4" white embossed cards and used "Marina Mist" ink to sponge over the colour to match my photos. I thought the design reminded me of waves so it seems perfect for these pages.  I also used some "Hello Honey" ink on a sponge to softly colour the centre of the smaller 3"x4" card... this highlights the embossing but just in the centre, bringing attention to the words. I used the stickers from the "Memories in the Making" Accessory kit for these.



Finally, the page below shows our time at the Hard Rock cafe at Biloxi Beach.  I would have had a very difficult time finding cards to match the loud colours in the photos here, but being able to tailor the cards to your colour scheme is so handy!

I used the embossed white cards again, and this time sponged my yellow inks over it (a combination of Crushed Curry and Hello Honey), and then added a little Cucumber Crush ink over the edges.

Of course, don't forget to journal your stories. I used a card from the "Memories in the Making" card kit. However the yellow and light blue triangles on the journalling card didn't really match this page, so I coloured over those with Hello Honey and Cucumber crush markers.. much better! :-)



The little black guitar was actually a souvenir from lunch.... it was on the end of a  swizzle stick in my cocktail!  I snapped off the actual stick and used the guitar in my PL album. Don't forget to keep those little souvenirs.... they look awesome scattered throughout your Project Life albums!



If you want to learn more about Project Life AND get some cool tips for your pages, my next Project Life class is scheduled for Friday 4th March @ 7.30pm.  You'll find the details HERE.   It's also great to set aside some time to work on your precious photographs and get them off your phone or camera! 

I hope you enjoy these pages... I've got plans to make lots more of them over the coming weeks :-)

Now its time to go and check out the awesome pages created by the other Design Team Members!  You'll be inspired by what they have created this month! 

Julie Kettlewell:
http://juliesjapes.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/memory-keeping-with-project-life-by.html

Caroline Van Der Straaten:
http://carooskaartjes.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/memory-keeping-with-stampin-up-design.html

Tina Gillespie:
http://scissorspapercard.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/mkplsu-blog-share-sale-bration.html

Delys Cram:
https://delysc.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/mkplsu-february-design-team

Constanze Wirtz:
http://conibaer.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/memory-keeping-with-project-life-by.html

Janet Wakeland
http://remarkablycreated.com/2016/02/39270/

2 comments:

Conibaer said...

Great pages of a trip I´m sure you´ll never forget! :)

Sandra Korten said...

Great pages. Love that you created the cards the same color as your pictures.
I always pick up souvenirs from my trips and put them in mij pages.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandra :)