Thursday 31 August 2017

Quick Tip Video: Creating Subtle Backgrounds (and introducing the Painted Harvest Stamp Set!)


Today's quick tip video shows you how to create simple but subtle backgrounds for your cards..... this is give you a gorgeous look and will mean that your background doesn't compete with the main feature of your card... in this case these gorgeous flowers from the Painted Harvest stamp set.

Aren't they beautiful?  It's available from tomorrow, 1st September 2017.  Already I've seen so many wonderful things done with these lovely stamps.... and they look completely different depending on what colours you use. For example, if you use yellow tones, your flower will look like a sunflower.   Here I've used Marina Mist as my base colour, and then stamped Night of Navy over the top. But you'll see how it works when you watch the video.

I think you will find that this background technique is something you will come back to many times... I know I do!

Now time to let you know something really fun.... tomorrow right here I am part of a blog hop with some of the girls in my team.  There are some super talented girls in our group and I cant wait to be part of this hop with them!  We'll be going live at 9am tomorrow and showcasing some of our favourite products from the new Holiday catalogue... so make sure you check in here tomorrow to see what they have come up with!

In the meantime, enjoy this video today!

Linda D


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for showing how you got this cool look with the BG stamps. Love it!!

Holly said...

I LOVE your card so very pretty! I lov ethe color combination and I love the background.

CherylQuilts said...

I loved your video and love your card! Thank for for sharing it!